Intacct Collaborate is a free, upcoming feature that uses Salesforce Chatter to let users interact and collaborate on individual transactions or records without needing to leave Intacct. When integrated with an existing Salesforce instance, it can connect sales and finance teams to speed up approvals, resolve problems, and respond to new trends in key metrics faster than ever.
Currently, asking a question about or commenting on a particular transaction requires sending an out-of-band message (often email) to the involved parties. With Intacct Collaborate, you can post messages directly on a record. Users mentioned in the message will receive a notification and are able to navigate to the transaction. This eliminates back-and-forth emails about transactions and captures dialogue and decisions for later reference. Rather than emailing a sales representative about an upcoming deal, you can add a comment directly to the customer record, mentioning the user and attaching any relevant documents. Or instead of messaging the CFO about an unposted journal entry, you can mention them in a comment so they see it the next time they log in. Now that conversations can take place inside the system, they will become accessible to users that may come along later and need to see why something was done instead of being locked away inside individuals’ email accounts.
Benefits of Using Intacct Collaborate
• Eliminates back-and-forth emails about transactions
• Operates with an existing Salesforce instance or with Intacct alone
• Lets users collaborate without leaving their everyday application, whether it’s Intacct or Salesforce
• Gives users the complete picture as they converse with in-context communication
• Captures dialogue and decisions for later reference in the system of record
• Increases the speed of every finance and accounting processes
• Connects sales and finance to speed approvals, resolve exceptions, and drive faster revenue
• Helps your respond faster to trends in key metrics
Intacct Collaborate will begin rolling out to customers at no charge during August and September. Intacct Collaborate can integrate with an existing Salesforce instance or be run on its own within Intacct. Send an email to email@example.com for more information on how to enable Collaborate when it is launched.